Friday, January 25, 2013

This Morning I had a Dream

Buddha Statue in Bodhgaya
After months of washing in cold water from a bucket, or boiling water in a kettle  for  take the chill off the cold water I had the experience of being in a beautifully tiled clean, bathroom under a fountain of gushing hot water. My whole body relaxed and as the water flowed over me making every muscle relax. Ahhhhh. The room filled with steam and as I breathed in the hot vapours my lungs felt clean and cleared of the dust that had accumulated over the past month in north India. Ahhhhh. The soap suds smelled like flowers and  the shampoos felt like the expensive stuff from the salon. The hot water from the strong water jets pounded over my head then massaged my shoulders; it felt heavenly. I scrubbed and scrubbed then took breaks to just stand breath and enjoy this never ending stream of hot, hot water. Ahhhh When finished showering, I turned off the water and the room was filled with clouds of steam just like a sauna. I opened the door, stepped into the bedroom, wrapped my self in a fluffy, clean towel and watched the clouds of steam, fill the small room. Outside the window the fog was thick and I could not see the landscape; was I inside or outside? Either way I just felt good and for the first  in months cleaner than clean. I decided to open the window and then reality struck.  Bam! An icy blast of cold air mixed with the smell of wood fires burning, the noise of children, the chatter of parents, the distant honk of an auto rickshaw and the Hindi music coming from the neighbours house. I was in Bodhgaya. Wow ! thank God (or should I say Buddha) I was still in India; for a moment there it felt like I was back in the USA with all the comforts but none of  the amazing experiences that only being in India can offer.
Mohammed's new guest house is fantastic and just the wee bit of luxury that a tired traveller needs. Thanks so much Mohammed for installing such and amazing hot shower.
Now in Bodhgaya  (for the 12th time) the place of Buddha's enlightenment.



No comments:

Post a Comment