Tuesday, January 1, 2013

buired alive
The last day of 2012 2012 ended in a very relaxing and happy manner. After 4 hours of yoga (which I am sure I am now and inch taller from all those stretches) I visited Rani for a massage which was wonderful, then spent the rest of the day on the beach, swimming, people watching and walking. The beach was filled with Indian’s who had come from Mumbai for New Year and they were all in a playful celebratory mood.  Families with kids having beach picnic, young guys having picnics of the liquid variety and of course it would not be India without many romantic couples walking hand in hand and taking loads of pictures of each other. Ahhhh, nice to see romance still alive. Anyway, it is so natural and easy to speak with or join in a game of football with Indian’s on the beach. It was nice that no-guys hassled me and everyone was respectful and polite to each other wishing each other a happy new year. Walking down the beach I had a great laugh with some guys who were burying their friend on the sea shore. On my way back alone the shore I saw that they had given their friend a pair of sand bob and a nice big fallice and they were killing themselves with laughter, as if they were the only bunch of guys that had ever done that. Anyway they saw me coming with the camera and promptly destroyed their ‘artwork’ but what a great laugh it was.
king of his own castle
Nadia and I sat at sunset near the drum circle watching the acrobatics, hula hooping and spaced out dancers. Funny but 2 weeks ago I was so surprised by all these activities but now it had become normal and I must admit I was enjoying the scene so much more and even joined in the dancing at time. I think Hippy Heaven has done me some good, it has opened me up to being really relaxed with myself and thoroughly enjoying the varieties of human kind along with all our antics.
Captain of the ship
After sunset, we had dinner at Totem and then I took a stroll alone on the beach. By then the beach had become a full blow techno party, with every restaurant competing to make the most noise. Also by then the Indian guys, who were so nice by day had of course booze by then and their Dutch courage to try and pick up a foreigner was kicking in. This was the time when I though it most wise to retreat back home. Plus you can’t really dance techno music with its repetitive, racing base unless you’re totally on some kind of drug and that’s just not for me; but hey I do now know where the joke of the horse riding dance in Gangnam style come from now.  Anyway after such a great day and evening I was so content and sleep won over my desire to stay up till midnight. So in with the earplugs and off to dreamland I went, happy as can be and just wishing that everyone in the world could feel so content.

Happy 2013 to all.

Cute Couple

Lifeguard








Trying to be a strong man 


fishing boat



No comments:

Post a Comment