Sunday, December 23, 2012

crystal ball balancer
Cultural Contrasts at Sunset 


acrobatics
a lone ukalele player

hulu hoops a go.
Tonight was exceptional an beautiful sunset with so many activities and shows to watch and enjoy. So tonight I just strolled along taking photos and chatting with folks. Since it is the weekend there is a mixture of Indian tourists and foreigner travelers and it is so interesting to note the differences. In many ways the foreigners can take themselves a bit to seriously while the Indian just love to play like kids on the beach. Many of us travellers come to India in search of some inner peace, a meaning in life, an escape from the pressures of western life or just  time out to question  the world and be I guess. However sometimes our egos  can take over and  I notice it can gets played out in many ways. The dress, the hair, the attitude, the projecting of being cool and trendy or spiritually attained is a full time job. I have seen some amazing fashion statements here which make me seem rather dull, normal and probably boring to most here. No worries, I am happy as I am. Anyway the contrast between Indian and foreigners on the beach is maybe apparent in the photos.
Indian guys on the beach with a beer


Girls from Karnathaka selling jewellery

cricket boys
flooded sandcastle

No comments:

Post a Comment