Saturday, March 24, 2012


Only three more days to go.
Anyone who does body work will tell you that we humans carry all our emotional baggage in our hips. All of life’s disappointment, heartaches, pain, trauma from injury or violence, as well as all our good experiences in life and our self image, that has been shaped by those experiences are all stored in our hips. In general open hips are reflected by an open, easy going and flexible attitude and closed hips, the opposite. This week has been the hip opener week and I am just amazed at how I can now stretch into positions I never thought could ever do. Of course this did come at a cost, a few times I was in tears for no apparent reason, had headaches, dizziness, grumpy moods and just exhausted from all the dredging up of past emotions and muscles being stretched to the max. Anyway I feel great now. In many ways,  I am not surprised at being so tight in the hips and emotional, having just spent the last few years going through university with all of its stresses, drama, and major head trips of professor who teach by intimidation. Also the efforts at trying to find work in DC, which is only one of the worlds most competitive and political cities along with hours in front of the computer and just sitting in chairs too much with no exercise, I am not surprised that my old hips had closed up. Anyway watch out world, this is the old me back again, hopefully just a wee bit wiser and possibly an inch taller, and hey what does not kill yi just makes yi stronger; right!
So what else this week? News from Agonda.
Found a great German bakery which serves fantastic breakfast muesli, funny how food can become a distraction and a comfort at the same time. The guys are from Nepal and one of them, with buzzed hair, baggy shorts and chain, cool baggy T shirts and flaming heart tattoo, reminds me on certain Hawaiian/Pilipino guy I used to know in Santa Cruz.
There is a very interesting old Indian guy, who must be in his 70’s who walks the beach every day. His long grey hair is tied up in a ponytail and he has a habit of combing his even longer grey bread with his hands. He wears white short shorts and has spindly long legs with well toned muscles. His bright pink vest T shirt with an OM design on the front and he has the most radiant smile. He always smiles or nods as he passes me by and I wonder is he a yogi, a Sikh, a local guy, or tourist. Whatever and whomever he is he has the nicest demeanor and is healthy and happy and I wanna have that vibrancy when I am that age.
 Some guy on a motor bike knocked over a cow. There are a more than a few cows in Agonda but very few hit and runs involving cows; obviously the guy is not of the Hindu faith. The cow was stunned but got up and walk away fine but must have a few bruises.
The puppies at Saxon restaurant are so fun. On Monday they followed me along the beach and showed of their chasing sand crabs skills. What a laugh I had but the poor wee pups did not catch any crabs. There are some funny looking dogs here too; one overweight sausage dog; a big black dog with a shaggy almost dreadlocks coat,  a three legged lab, a wee terrier thing with old man whiskers and of course an array of multicolored scruffy mutts, all of which look happy and health and are friendly with the tourists.
Many businesses are closing up now as the season is just about over. Soon the winds will kick up, it will be too hot and humid and monsoon will start. So every day I see more boarded up shops and restaurants.
So this weekend it will be study, study, study and I hope I can remember all the Sanskrit names for all these poses. Exams on Tuesday and on Thursday I will fly back to Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment