Friday, January 27, 2012

threading eyebrows

Rudracha; a Women's Vocational Training Center
Saturday morning and some time to catch up. I have been getting to know the women here at the center a bit more, I just wish I knew Hindi more. In computer class they worked on excel sheets and learned how to write a job application. After class the girls wanted me to show them this mysterious thing called the Internet, so we played with sending e-mails, facebook and you tube. The first thing they wanted to see were videos of the tsunami in Japan, they had heard about it but were socked at the picture. During monsoon here the dry river bed fills up quickly and I think ,they were drawing some similarities. And I though they would want to see Bollywood videos.

Computer class
Embroidery and knitting class


No comments:

Post a Comment