Friday, January 20, 2012

Volunteer Work
Everything in India takes more time than you think and you have to drink a good few cups of milk tea during the process but I found a place to work for the next 3 weeks; Ecoles De La Terre Charitable Trust, in the women's program. http://www.ecolesdelaterre.ch  I will be staying at the women's training center assisting in the vocational training program in the mornings, most likely teaching computer skills and English to the young women and working in the office in the afternoon with the micro finance and family planning programs. The founder Rajesh started this work in 2001 with a small school  but saw a need to "work with the whole family not just individuals because all of society is connected."  I will have opportunities to go into the small villages to "see what the true problems is,"  as well as meet the women who have gone through the vocational training and who are now in the  micro finance program. It will all be an education for sure and I hope to pass on to you some of the  women's stories. I will move in on Sunday so I have the weekend to invest under the Bodhi tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment