Wednesday, February 13, 2013

In Between Retreats.
Happy Valentines. May there be peace and love for all beings

First of all Happy Valentines day to all.

Tara retreat went very well. There were 18 of us and the 11 days just flew. I truly enjoyed being in silence and Root is such a nice place I hardy felt I was in India.
The Tara practice was also so enjoyable; it is a real heart opening experience, taking me out of my thinking mode and into feeling; using emotional intelligence.  All very hard to explain right now but this practice showed me just how much I am in my brain and disconnected from my hearts wisdom. I think it is very much cultural as we in the west, especially in USA put so much important on mind intelligence while ignoring and suppressing the hearts intelligence. This retreat was also very good in that I noticed  that I can also perceive in a different way. Instead of having the brain and perceptions on automatic and not truly experiencing the environment, the heart started to feel and the senses take in experiences without the brains automatic interpretation, which is usually our habitual often negative patterns. Anyway I am connecting to this and will no doubt be exploring this more as I enter the next retreat; so I am probably not making much sense just now.
Anyway the next retreat will be on focusing the mind on an object  then using this focus to analyze reality. These meditations are based on Buddhist philosophy and are the methods with which to have insights in to our true nature. Now I am in now way expecting any insights but I think to be able to focus the mind and be able to combine this focus with heart wisdom and true perception. i.e without imputation or projection of old habits, will be a good thing to master for dealing with daily life. So lets see how I do.

This retreat will be very strict. No talking at all, no phones  or computers so I am looking forward that.
There may be around 30 people on this retreat, mostly women but a fair mix of ages and nationalities.
For some more info on this retreat check out.

http://www.rootinstitute.com/meditation-course/InsightRetreat.htm

I just saw this clip on facebook and wanted to share it as it is so appropriate for so many of us on the Dharma trail, especially the 20's generation. People usually come to the Dharma we see that the modern materialistic way of operating  is just getting out of hand and is just not satisfying to the heart or the mind.
See you in 14 days.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=203280383144662&set=vb.100003881045648&type=2&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment